Friday 18 April 2014

Fun Fact About America's Favorite Cookies

Has anyone else ever noticed this? I thought they changed the name from Samoas to Caramel deLites...until now. Turns out, there are two separate baking companies that produce Girl Scout cookies, which is why they are sold under two different names & are slightly different. 



 Other Girl Scout cookies with different names:
Tagalongs aka Peanut Butter Patties
Do-si-dos aka Peanut Butter Sandwiches
Trefoils aka Shortbreads

Which name do they go by in your area...Samoas or Caramel deLites?


3 comments:

  1. That's weird! I had no idea! The Samoas look better than the Caramel DeLites imo! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive never heard that one before thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are caramel delites in my area....I too thought they changed the names until a few years ago. They taste slightly different as well and the ones from the original bakery with the original names seem to taste a bit better to me, and I've heard several items people say the Same thing....I don't like the names from the second bakery, they sound generic and don't sound like Girl Scout cookies.... I've been buying Girl Scout cookies for many years now, ever since I was a Girl Scout way back 20+ years ago.... I always try to get the "original" cookies..... It's surprising how many people don't know there are two bakeries....

    ReplyDelete